“Flight reservations? Check.”
“Hotel reservations? Check.”
“Car rental reserved? Yes, already done.”
“Ok, we have everything covered. No problem, we’re ready to go on our holiday and can’t wait to leave.”
“Wait, who did you find to take care of ‘Fluffy’? And which neighbor is going to water the plants and pick-up the mail?”
“Oh no, we’ll have to cancel; I completely forgot these important details!”
“Isn’t there anyone who can take care of everything while we are gone?”
Yes, we are Bob and Shirley Hesner, full-time, non-smoking house sitters who are trained in pet First Aid and pet CPR. We are professionals who do not charge for our services and are not tourists looking to offset travel expenses.
Since we started international house and pet sitting in May, 2015, we have completed 79 weeks around the globe. Our house sitting services have taken us to Perth, Brisbane, Rockhampton and Cairns in Australia; Tonbridge, Northampton, and Waltham Cross in Great Britain; Edinburgh in Scotland; Pontessieve in Tuscany, Italy; and Rafol de Salem, and Palomares in southern Spain, Las Vegas, Nevada and Kona, Hawaii in the USA. To date we have cared for 1 parrot, 11 cats and 16 dogs.
Our future is looking very good as we have accepted new house sitting positions in Australia in Perth, Lake Cathie, Brisbane, and Sydney throughout 2017.
Listed below are the Standard House Sitting Services we offer to homeowners interested in accepting us as their house sitters.
- Garden maintenance and watering indoor plants.
- House Security. (We are never gone overnight and never allow people in the house unless requested by the homeowner.)
- Maintain function of all utilities, Internet and appliances.
- Should something unexpected happen, we would arrange for repairs after consulting with the homeowner. (For example: broken appliances, water heaters or leaky roofs.)
- Pet care for all animals; we maintain feeding and activity schedules per the homeowner’s instructions. If the pet requires treatment by a veterinarian we will make sure that happens. Pet care also includes: dog washing, cleaning litter boxes and dispensing medication, should it be required.
- Keep the house clean and tidy. (We always clean the area we live in and return it to the homeowner in accordance with how we received it.)
- We keep in touch with the homeowners’ as they require. We use email, text messages, Skype video calls, WhatsApp, Face Time by Apple, or regular phone calls. We also send photos of the pets.
- We are willing to: pick-up the mail, answer the phone and take messages. We are happy to coordinate with contractors on any repairs or improvements while the homeowners’ are away and per their request. We also perform swimming pool and spa maintenance should these be a part of the home.
- We will provide forms, checklists and authorizations for the house sit to assure nothing is overlooked.
- Other needed services will be considered upon request.
We are available to answer any and all questions to give you assurance that we are the right house sitters for you.
If you are would like to know more about using our services or would like to sign up to receive our monthly newsletter, “The Traveling Housesitters,” please contact us using the links at the bottom of the page.